Carers Week is an annual campaign that takes place in the UK every June. It is a time to raise awareness of the challenges and importance of unpaid carers, and to celebrate the contribution they make to their families and communities.
This year, Carers Week takes place from 6th to 12th June. The theme for 2023 is “Carers: Changing Lives”. This theme reflects the fact that carers play a vital role in our society, and that their work has a positive impact on the lives of the people they care for, their families, and their communities.
There are many ways to get involved in Carers Week. You can:
- Learn more about caring: There are a number of resources available to help you learn more about caring, such as the Carers UK website.
- Talk to your GP Practice: Your GP Practice can offer an appointment with a social prescriber to offer advice and support, and can refer you to other services.
- Contact your local authority: Your local authority may be able to offer you financial or practical support.
- Join a carers’ group: Carers’ groups can provide you with emotional support, information, and practical advice.
- Use online resources: There are a number of online resources available that can provide you with information and support, such as the Carers UK website.
If you are a carer, or know someone who is, please do get involved in Carers Week. Together, we can raise awareness of the challenges and importance of unpaid carers, and celebrate the contribution they make to our society.
For more information on carers week visit https://www.carersweek.org/