Introducing Anima Health and Total Triage
We are pleased to announce that Albany House Medical Centre will be adopting a new system from early 2024 to improve access to our services and provide you with the best care possible.
This system is called Anima Health and it is a digital platform that allows you to communicate with us online, without always having to visit or call the practice.
Anima Health will be introduced as we change to a “total triage” model, which means that every patient who contacts us first provides some information on the reasons for contact and is triaged before making an appointment. Triage means that we assess your needs and direct you to the most appropriate service or health professional.
How does Anima Health work?
Anima Health is very easy to use and you can access it from your phone or computer. All you need to do is:
- Register: It only takes a couple of minutes to set up your account. Your account gives you access to your own personal dashboard to track all your requests and messages from us – if you have an existing NHS login account you are ready to use Anima Health.
For patients who do not have online access our admin team are still available to help and can complete the triage questions on your behalf. This can be done in person via reception or via the telephone.
- Submit: Once you have created your account, you can start submitting requests to us straight away. Most requests take between 2 and 5 minutes to complete. You can use Anima Health to ask for advice, request a prescription, request an appointment, or anything else you would normally contact us for.
- Practice review: Your request will be sent to us and a healthcare professional will always review it. You will receive notifications letting you know when we have responded. Depending on your needs, we may ask further questions via Anima Health, offer you either a telephone or face-to-face appointment or refer you to a community based service.
What are the benefits of Anima Health and Total Triage?
By using Anima Health and Total Triage, you can:
- Save time: You can submit your request at your convenience, from anywhere, without having to wait on hold or queue at the reception. You can also avoid unnecessary visits to the practice if your issue can be resolved remotely.
- Get the right care: You can get the care you need from the right person, at the right time, and in the right place. We can direct you to the most suitable service or health professional for your needs, whether it is a GP, Nurse Practitioner, Physicians Associate, Nurse, Pharmacist, or a service in the community.
- Stay safe: You can reduce your exposure to potential infections by limiting your contact with other people. You can also help us protect our staff and other patients by reducing the footfall in the practice.
- Anima Health is available for use in a number of languages, allowing you to choose the best option for you.
How can I access Anima Health?
If we are already your registered GP practice, you will be able to access Anima Health using your NHS log-in, or you can create your Anima Health account by following the instructions on the Anima Health website at https://www.animahealth.com/patients
If we are not your registered GP practice, you can find out how to register with us at https://www.albanyhousemedicalcentre.co.uk/practice-information/new-patient-registration/